If a person dies without a Will, they are said to have died “intestate.” This means that there is no recognized plan for the distribution of their assets and property resulting from their death. In such circumstances, a spouse, family member, or friend may make Application to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice to be appointed to administer the Estate of the deceased person. Upon such an appointment, the Estate Trustee is charged with distributing the deceased’s assets and property in accordance with the scheme outlined in the Succession Law Reform Act (Ontario). This Act outlines the order of descendants who will receive a portion of the estate and the amount that each is entitled to receive. Our Team can make the appropriate Application and assist in the Estate administration that is required under the Succession Law Reform Act (Ontario).