Called To The Bar
1992, Law Society of Upper Canada
Areas of Practice
Wills and Powers of Attorney
Estate Administration and Practice Trusts
Karen joined the law firm in 1993 after which she assumed management of its wills and estates administration upon the retirement of Dianne Haskett from the practice of law. During her legal career she has worked exclusively in these practice areas. Karen is a popular speaker on current legal topics relating to Wills and Estates. She has appeared on radio programs with media personalities to explain legislative changes in these areas. Her attention to detail combined with her disarming approach has won her the accolades of her substantial client base.
Karen attended the University of Western Ontario where she attained a Bachelor of Arts Degree at the Honours level. In 1990 she graduated from the Bachelor of Law program and was recognized with several awards of both academic and practical distinction.
Karen has been married to her husband, Dr. Steven MacDonald, since 1989. They live in London, Ontario with their three children.
Karen has been involved in numerous community, business and religious organizations during her career. Karen’s more recent positions include the following:
- 1993 – 1995 London & Area Youth for Christ – Board Member
- 2003- 2013 London Christian Academy – Member and Chair of the Contract Partnership Committee
- 2005-2013 London Christian Academy – Human Resources Committee
- 2005 – present St. George/Grosvenor Street Area Association – Treasurer
- 2017 – present Send International of Canada – Board Member
Janet | ext. 235 (Wills & Estates Clerk)
Sue Rabideau | ext. 224 (Wills & Estates Clerk)
Gail Twohey | ext. 240 (Senior Estate Administrator)